Here are some tips to prepare you for your visit.
Waxing is a popular option for keeping your skin smooth and hairless for weeks, but it isn't a spur-of-the-moment decision. Whether you're waxing a smaller area like your eyebrows and upper lip or you’re getting a larger expanse such as your legs, back or chest waxed, your skin needs some prep to minimize your discomfort and help you achieve the best results. To make sure you're ready for your next waxing appointment at Endless Summer Waxing, here is the best way to prepare.
1. No matter where you're waxing, check the skin before you go in for your appointment. Broken skin or inflammation needs to heal before you're ready to wax. If you have moles or beauty marks, point them out to the esthetician so they can be protected during the waxing process.
LET IT GROW...BUT NOT TOO LONG
2. Keep hair long enough for the wax to grip it. When the hair is too short, the wax can't pick it up well enough to remove it; when it's too long, it prevents wax from adhering and causes more pain. Two to three weeks of growth, or about an eighth to a quarter of an inch, is ideal for leg, underarm and bikini hair.
3. Gently exfoliate your skin a day or two before waxing, but skip harsh scrubs the day of your waxing appointment. Exfoliation helps wax grab hair and not skin, but it can also leave skin more sensitive to pain, so lighter is better. A rough washcloth is perfect for gentle exfoliation, but don't scrub too hard.
MOISTURIZE UNTIL THE DAY OF
4. Moisturize well on the days leading up to your appointment. Healthy, well-moisturized skin allows the wax to release more easily. Too much moisturizer could coat the hair and interfere with the wax's grip, so avoid moisturizing on the day of your waxing session.
THE BIKINI AREA
5. Whether you prefer a Brazilian wax or regular bikini, keep skin in the bikini area scrupulously clean. Waxing can leave skin vulnerable to infection, and areas of the body that are normally warm and damp are more prone to bacterial growth.
TAKE A RETIN-A BREAK
6. Certain medications can sensitize skin to waxing. Retin-A creams do amazing things for fine lines, acne and uneven pigmentation, but they also leave skin susceptible to injury during waxing. Discontinue retinol-based products for two weeks before waxing. Accutane users should stop taking their medication for a month before waxing. Before making any changes to your prescription medications, talk to your dermatologist.
PRE Tan Instructions
Preparation for yur Globody Spray Tan is important. The proper prep will help you achieve a beautiful tan and keep the tan application looking fresh longer!
Wear loose fitting dark colored clothing before/after
During the Spray Tan session you may wear a dark colored swimsuit, under garment, disposable thong or some female clients prefer to wear their birthday suit!
If it's raining on your appointment day, bring an umbrella
Please note that Endless Summer Waxing and Skin Care offers (as part of the Spray Tan service) a Spray Tan Primer. The primer gently exfoliates and cleans the skin by removing oils, makeup, lotions, deodorant and sweat residue. In addition, the primer helps with solution absorption and prevents solution beading.
BOOK NOW Globody Spray Tan Session!